Hydro Turbine and Auxillary
Our focus is to create designs that maximize turbine capacity and efficiency while eliminating problems to meet our customers’ needs.With our design and engineering group, ENSTUN Engineering can provide newly designed, updated, or modifications of all of the items listed here.
- Complete New Hydro Turbines
- Turbine Runners – Francis, Kaplan, Pelton
- Complete Gate Casings/Distributors and all included parts
- Wicket Gates
- Spiral Case with Stay Ring
- MIV (Main Inlet Valve)
- Cooling Water Systems
- High Pressure Oil Systems
- Drainage and Dewatering Systems
- Spare Parts
- Mechanical Regulation Assemblies, Distribitor Assemblies
- Design for Power, Efficiency, Less Maintenance
- Self Lubricating Bearings
- Reduce or Eliminate Cavitation
- Self Lubricating Bushings
- Draft Tubes
- Oil Dust Exhaust Systems
- Oil Coolers
- Guide Bearing
- Thrust and Guide Bearings
Technology and Analysis Tools:
Our engineering team at ENSTUN Engineering proudly offers extensive experience in analysis and custom design to the hydro industry. Before the manufacturing process can take place, our engineers utilize our design and analysis tools to predict the performance and reliability of our ENSTUN Engineering equipment.
Evaluation of our customers’ current hydro plant, from finite element structural analysis tools to computational fluid dynamics modeling, gives us insight into equipment replacement or modifications that are needed to increase capacity, efficiency, and life extension.
ENSTUN Engineering analytical tools include:
- Three-Dimensional Structural Analysis, static and dynamic
- Advanced Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics
- Non-linear Shafting Analysis
- Hydraulic Transient Analysis
- Interactive Turbine Design
- Mechanical Designs
- Design Studies & Reviews
- Reverse Engineering for Retrofits
- Specialized Designs
Enstun Engineering works side-by-side with your engineers, technicians, and trades in the field bringing our expertise to your team. Complete overhauls of turbine components.Mechanical and electrical engineering studies together with supplying for hydroelectric turbines.We design with hands-on knowledge to ensure the right fit and function with consideration for ease of installation and maintenance.
Enstun Engineering provides reliable engineering and contract services, repairs and retrofitting of hydroelectric generator stations.
Through Integration system design, ENSTUN Engineering can:
- Provide Total Flow Path Models using Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Design Hydraulically Improved Turbine Runners for increased performance (efficiency and output), and less maintenance through minimization or elimination of cavitation
- Design System Hydro Turbines
- Design Hydraulically Improved Wicket Gates
- Design Hydraulically Improved Guide Vanes
- Design Draft Tube and Intake Modifications for improved performance
- Design repairs (both in place and removed) for units with runner cavitation or cracking issues
- Design of cooling water piping and high pressure oil piping integrations
ENSTUN Engineering has the technological capabilities , but most importantly the experience and expertise to successfully use and analyze the programs’ output in creating real world project success. Our analysis tools and experiences pave the way for our engineers to create high performance custom turbine designs for our customers. Our commitment to making equipment that is strong and highly dependable is a foundation of our business.
Our team of dedicated mechanical engineers draws upon their extensive experience in the design of new equipment and rehabilitation of existing equipment to insure optimal unit operation. Years of experience allow them to resolve both operational issues of existing units, as well as avoiding future problems in the new units and components they design.
- Turbine Overhauls and Upgrades
- Installations of New Generation Units
- Unit Inspections
- Machinery Repair
- Stationary and Rotational Alignments
- Component rehabilition
- Reassembly and commissioning
- Alignment and testing
Turbine runner and rehabilitation:
From new high-performance runners to new bearing materials to improved wicket gate linkage to modernizing electrical control systems, our turbine upgrade and rehabilitation programs will extend the life of your equipment and create more capacity and efficiency within the layout of your hydro plant. We take an expert engineering approach to every turbine and installation with the goal of giving your plant a second life.
Francis: Specializing in the custom design, engineering, and manufacture of Francis runners. Utilizing our proprietary software and extensive design experience, we offer the best performance over a wide range of head and flow rate ranges.
Kaplan: Exceptional capabilities in designing new Kaplan runners maximizing the overall plant efficiency and power output. Additionally, we upgrade existing Kaplan runners, both hydraulically and mechanically to extend the life of the existing equipment. Specializing in the conversion of propeller turbines to fully-functioning Kaplan units. Unit conversions maximize the unit’s efficiency and power output across a wider head and flow range.
Propeller: Innovative custom design, engineering, and manufacture of propeller turbines. Utilizing our proprietary software and extensive design experience providing modern high-performance runners.
Pump-turbine: Industry leader in the upgrade of pump-turbines. Our extensive experience in analysing the entire machine provides the ability to create innovative solutions to maximize the unit’s pumping and generation capabilities.
Large pump: Upgrade of large pumps used in various applications such as water distribution, irrigation, and thermal plant cooling water.
Distribitor parts and Turbine Bearings:
Enstun Engineering designs and supplies distributor parts ( wicket gates, facing plates,wearing rings, pins, gate operating rings ,shear pins, hydraulics,oil piping, bottom rings, head cover) and bearings for medium to large hydropower generation and specialises in the design and supply of PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene) thrust bearing conversions from Babbitt.
Enstun Engineering provides oil to water conversions using newest forging flat plate to tilting plate conversion , PTFE and Babbitt, oil to water conversion, unidirectional and reversible and casting technological designs for distributors and bearing material for durability, proven performance and environmental superiority.
Turbine Auxiallary Systems:
Enstun Engineering design, supply, manufacture and install wide range of auxillary system for hydro turbines , for new machines and also rehabilitations Enstun Engineering your close contact for all piping systems in your plants, some examples from systems that we can integrated,
- High-Low pressure air piping systems
- Compressed air systems
- Cooling water systems
- Drainage and dewatering systems
- Oil Systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Governor systems
- HPU systems
- High power units